Re: Pile Cap Design

have you looked at "Reinforced Concrete Designer's Handbook "by: C. E. Reynolds and
J.C. Sreedman. On Plate 194 (page 421)? They gave equations for two to five pile cap design based
on truss model.

Also please look at Section 17.7 (page 153-156)  in "Example of the DEsign of Reinforced Concrete
Buildings to BS 8110 by  C. E. Reynolds and J.C. Sreedman.

If you really want tolook at the theory, there  a paper in French published in " Annales de
L'Insttut Technique du Batiment et Des Travaux Publics" I don't know the exact publication date
but it was published in late 1950. It is a very lengthy paper (about 60-70 papges) and it addresses
all cases of pile caps based on truss theory.

If you let me know  your fax number i can send you  C. E. Reynolds and
J.C. Sreedman. pages from their books.

Himat Solanki

>>> seebook(--nospam--at)rudranevatia.com 5/5/2004 6:50:22 AM >>>
Hasn't every one switched over to strut and tie model for pile cap design yet?

Rudra Nevatia

--- "John P. Riley" wrote:
> Byron
> I have "Reinforced Concrete Design Handbook," ACI 317, 1951. I could
> email you the details for a 3-pile cap if you'd like. Of course, the design
> is based on 3 ksi concrete and 40 ksi steel.
> John P. Riley
> PS: I'm probably one of the few monitoring this list that was alive in
> 1951. Wasn't engineering, tho.
>
> -----------
>
> Byron:
> I have the "Handbook of Concrete Engineering" by "Mark Fintel" 2nd addition
> that addresses the Pile Cap design along with example of mutil pile
> arrangement application.
> Let me know if you need me to fax the total of 5 pages to you.
>

> Khashayar (Casey) Hemmatyar, P.E.
> California
> -----------
>
> I am looking for a design reference that has more examples of pile cap
> design than the CRSI Handbook. An example of a 3-pile cap, specifically,
> would be great.
>
> Thanks
>
> Byron Benson

Structural Engineers' eBook
http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp * * This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers *
Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To * subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please
go to: * * http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp * * Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any
email you * send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted * without your permission. Make
sure you visit our web * site at: http://www.seaint.org ******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ******