RE: plan stamping website

Ken:

I do know that the NAFTA thing bit the dust due to our own licensing
boards' doing (NCEES).  There was a proposal under NAFTA, but but 2/3s of
the state boards with NCEES did not approve the proposal (it would have
allowed Canadian engineers direct reciprosity...without having to take the
PE exam, which many state boards did not like...and rightly so to some
degree IMO).  When it did not pass nationally, NCEES did allow a period of
about 1 year or so for individual states to adopt it on a state by state
basis.  Only Texas did so.  So, in theory, if you have your Texas PE, you
can get direct reciprocity in Canadian Provinces...but I have not tested
that to date (would first need my PE in Texas).

Also, in theory, Michigan is in negotiation with Ontario for direct
reciprocity, but the whole PE exam is still a sticking point.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI