Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Pushover[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Pushover
- From: "Jason W. Kilgore" <jkilgore(--nospam--at)leok.com>
- Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 07:28:48 -0500
Build a FE model of a structure.
Apply a unit lateral load to a structure.
Increase this load until some member fails (brace, column, beam, whatever).
Modify the model by removing or altering the failed piece to mimic what will theoretically happen, which re-distributes the load to other members.
Continue increasing the load and altering the model until you get a progressive collapse.
Leigh & O'Kane, LLC
- From: Carlos Avila
- Prev by Subject: Pushover
- Next by Subject: RE: Pushover
- Previous by thread: Pushover
- Next by thread: RE: photos of EQ damage