Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Roof diaphragrm with concrete fill[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Roof diaphragrm with concrete fill
- From: DSmith7367(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 08:49:12 EDT
I am designing a small single-story CMU building that will depend upon the roof diaphragm for stability.
The diaphragm ratio is just over the 2:1 limit for a metal deck with no fill.
If concrete fill is provided, IBC permits a diaphragm ratio of 3:1. My question is how much concrete fill? Just fill the flutes or provide a concrete slab over the metal deck?
- Prev by Subject: Re: roof diaphragm with concrete fill
- Next by Subject: Roof Plywood and Rain
- Previous by thread: Re: Joints in Slab on Grade
- Next by thread: Snow Load in CS areas