OT: PDA Recommendations?

Recently, I had to lend my laptop to my son who is away on an 8 week
course.  Therefore, I don't have any mobile computing capability and,
since I've been considering purchasing a PDA or Pocket PC for awhile
now, I figure this might be as good an excuse as any.

I remember hearing good things about the Dell Axiom, but my other son
says that Dell's customer support and quality control have started to
go downhill in recent years.

Does anybody have any comments/recommendations.

Thanks,
Gary Hodgson
Niagara Falls, ON