From: Dickey, David [mailto:David.Dickey(--nospam--at)mhgrp.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 9:34 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: feet inch calculator

Someone posted a formula on this list (don't remember who it was or else I would give credit) that you can use in Excel to convert a text string of feet and inches (i.e. 12'-4 15/16") to decimal format.

Type your text string in Cell A1 then paste this formula in.

=LEFT(A1,FIND(CHAR(39),A1)-1)+(MID(A1,FIND("-",A1)+1,FIND(CHAR(34),A1)-FIND("-",A1)-1))/12