RE: Pushover

Do I design all my concrete buildings using allowable stresses then? They just dropped that Appendix from the last ACI 318. I think there is some confusion about what LRFD is really doing - the draft for the 2005 AISC spec should clear this up.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Wright [mailto:chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 8:13 AM
To: ‡
Subject: RE: Pushover

Not to open up old wounds, but this is one of my major beefs with LRFD.
It isn't really a true limit analysis. You can't do a true limit analysis
member by member--you have to do the whole thing at one time to get the
interactions right. It isn't like a chain with only one weakest link.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw