Re: roof diaphragm with concrete fill

How about *not* using the IBC empirical design method
and instead following something like Table 7 in ICBO
ER-2078P (note paragraph 4.2.3 in the "findings"
section of the ER text, as well.)

d a v e   e v a n s

D Smith wrote...

I am designing a small single-story CMU building that
will depend upon the
roof diaphragm for stability.

The diaphragm ratio is just over the 2:1 limit for a
metal deck with no
fill.

If concrete fill is provided, IBC permits a diaphragm
ratio of 3:1.  My
question is how much concrete fill?  Just fill the
flutes or provide a
concrete slab over the metal deck?