RE: Pushover

>Do I design all my concrete buildings using allowable stresses then?
As near as I can tell from the little I know about concrete, it's just
like LRFD. You base the design on what amounts to elastic assumptions
with appropriately buggered stress levels (or stress levels converted to
equivalent loads, which you can only do with linear response). Then you
change some terminology, call it limit analysis and pretend you're doing
something new and techy.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw