RE: Ron Reagan was a Democrat - residential basement walls for seismic pressures

Scott:

The code does not require it; DSA requires it when the wall is 12 feet or more tall.

Gautam

From: "Haan, Scott M." <HaanSM(--nospam--at)ci.anchorage.ak.us>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: Ron Reagan was a Democrat - residential basement walls for seismic pressures?
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 12:58:07 -0800

Thanks for responding.  Locally we have a stardardized handout that is
more conservative than the IRC provisions.  The problem is for basement
walls taller than the prescriptive requirements in the IRC or local
amendments.

Is there anywhere on the west coast where designing residential basement
walls for seismic forces is common place?