Re: Jib Cranes

>The question has to do with analysis and assessment of an existing jib
>crane, site unseen, for lifting 2000 lb. loads only.
Never do this, without inspecting the machine very carefully. Most crane
failures involve failure of rigging elements, not structural problems.

There's one exception to the above rule. Never do it--ever--under any
circumstances at all if the idea is to load the machine past the capacity
specified by the manufacturer or to operate the machine damaged.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw