Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Latest Building Seismic Codes[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Latest Building Seismic Codes
- From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 09:16:52 EDT
The 2003 IBC seismic provisions are based on ASCE 7-02, Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures. ASCE 7-02, in turn, adopted the 2000 edition of the NEHRP provisions, with certain modifications.
The 2003 IBC also directly references various sections of ASECE 7-02. It allows the use of sections 9.1 through 9.6, 9.13, and 9.14 of ASCE 7-02 as an alternative to the use of the IBC seismic design provisions.
Which doesn't help you much if you are moving to California.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Latest Building Seismic Codes
- Next by Subject: Legal and liability - using my stamp
- Previous by thread: RE: Latest Building Seismic Codes
- Next by thread: Military Loads