RE: Re: Pushover

Dear,

Since I have some experience with ABAQUS, ANSYS, and PATRAN for the nonlinear materials, I can tell about my experience about nonlinear analysis at least within these programs.

First, the stress-strain relation in the program, you need to use true stress and true strain not the engineering stress and strain. It is easy to find the relationship between these in the basic elasticity or plasticity text books or in the manuals of those programs.

Second, the analysis should be controlled by displacement not by load. The load-controlled analysis can not be converged in most cases. Since the lab test is also controlled by the displacement after nominal yield capacity or after yielding occurs, the displacement controlled analysis can be more resembles the test. I cannot explain how to apply the displacement on the model but it should be on the manual of the software.

Finally, you may try OPENSEES which is free software since it is free.

Good Luck

Chung-Soo Doo

Chung-Soo Doo, Ph.D.
Staff Engineer
Structural Design Engineers
120 Montgomery Street, Suite 1410
San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
Work Phone: 415-781-1505, EXT: 211

  [네이버메일] 무료 마일리지 슬롯쿠폰을 받아 슬롯을 당기면 경품이 쏟아집니다!!
지식까지 찾아주는 검색 - 네이버
[지식iN] 초콜릿을 먹으면 기억력이 좋아진다..
5월 가정의 달 특별 이벤트
[특집] 네이버 5월의 가족 선발 페스티발!!