From: "Bill Allen" <T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)cox.net>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 11:07 AM
Subject: RE: Notice to Candidates of the SE Exam

Ben -

O.K., so why not base the exam based on ASCE-7, NDS, ACI, AISC, etc.
instead?

As far as being 'best prepared', even IF we adopt IBC, it won't be the 2000
flavor. So, who can say they will be better prepared, particularly if they
are still working with the CBC until, gulp, 2007? That's like teaching
someone LRFD Steel in school only to find out they will be working for an
Old Dog (tm) who only knows ASD. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

IMO, the test should be less specific to "Applicable Building Code" and more
specific to the root material and load guidelines as long as code issues are
up in the air.

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
San Juan Capistrano, CA