Chain Link loads

Could somebody direct me to a glossary or provide information on and differences between "working load", "breaking strength", "proof load", and "ultimate load". I have a project which calls for a pear link with a 5000# breaking strength, and manufacturers information speaks of ultimate loads which are 5 times greater than working loads. Does this mean breaking strength is ultimate load, or working load? And if ultimate is breaking, then I could utilize a 2,900# working load link (x5= 14,500# ultimate load/breaking strength)
The spec simply calls for a proof load of 3,600#
Thanks-
JIM

---