From: Neil Moore [mailto:nmoore(--nospam--at)innercite.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2004 9:34 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org; seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: DESIGN OF TELECOMUNICATION TOWER

Check Example Problem 11 on pages 167 through 176 in the Wind Commentary to
the Uniform Building Code published by the Structural Engineers Association
of Washington.  After you've looked at this example, you'll have a pretty
good understanding of how the tower is loaded.  Although this tower design
example is designed to the UBC, most towers are designed to the EIA/TIA 222
code.   The example is a 60 foot high four legged tower with two 10 foot
diameter communication dishes.

Neil Moore, S.E.
who does some tower and poles with one freestanding pole in the 410 foot
range.