Re: building codes

Gail:

Not be a wise a$$ (OK, so maybe I want to), but by the definition that you
cite one could argue that the IBC is not a code either as it is not a
legal document until a jurisdiction adopts it.

Another point to belabor, is that when something like ACI gets adopted by
a local jurisdiction such as New York city or adopted by a model building
code that then gets adopted by a jurisdiction, then it (the ACI document)
becomes a legal document.  Thus, would it not be a code at that point (but
not before)?

Sorry, the lawyer in me just had to escape.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI