Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Site classifications in Colorado[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Site classifications in Colorado
- From: "Bruce Holcomb" <bholcomb(--nospam--at)brpae.com>
- Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 12:00:21 -0500
Are there any Colorado SEA members checking the list today? My company is designing a project for the Stapleton area, near Denver Colorado. We contacted the Denver County building official and were informed that we are to use Site Class B for seismic design (we’re using the 2003 IBC). He said that for the 2000 IBC, Site Class A was the requirement, but that the Colorado SEA believed that A was not prudent and that Site Class B should be used. I am wondering if anybody knows if this was a recommendation made by the Colorado SEA for the ENTIRE or if the Colorado SEA looked at each county individually.
Whether I check Site Class A or B for Denver, I am getting Seismic Design Category A. So I guess I am wondering why Denver County even bothered to change from Site Class A to B?
Bruce D. Holcomb, PE
Butler, Rosenbury & Partners
300 S. Jefferson, Suite 505
Springfield, MO 65806
Architecture, Engineering, Interior Design, Planning & Development
Your Vision. Our Focus.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Site classification - IBC and
- Next by Subject: SJ145
- Previous by thread: Fwd: Which Make is this Hold-down?
- Next by thread: Relative Stiffness of Wood Shearwalls