Re: wind loads for small windows

While what you say is true, it may also be due to the Mexican potentially
being based upon a different/older wind force method (assuming the
formulas that he was given were NOT from the Mexican code).  In
otherwords, it may be more than just comparing MWFS to C&C loadings.

Also, complete your last comment little more...US codes that address
hurricane region issues require that glass in windows be "impact
resistant" (at least from what I recall).  I believe such a provision is
in the latest ASCE 7 (98 and 02) documents (but cannot verify as I don't
have them at home).

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI