From: Ken McDowell [mailto:kenmc(--nospam--at)prodigy.net.mx]
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2004 8:10 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: wind loads for small windows

From:  Ken McDowell <seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org

I'm an EE, building a house in a hurricane zone; and I'm trying to figure out how to calculate wind pressure/loads on small windows from 3 ft2 to 16 ft2.  I have two formulas given me by associates (an ME and a CE) which yield values within 20% of each other; however, the values determined by Mexican code are about half these numbers.  After reading Scott Maxwell's Jan., 03 message, I'm guessing the mexican code calculation is the average wind loading for a wall, and that I should use the C&C calculation for small windows.  Unfortunately, as a lowly electrical type, I haven't a clue as to what "C&C" is.  Could someone please enlighten me?  Thank you.
Ken McDowell