Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Sound barrier foundation[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Sound barrier foundation
- From: "Javier Encinas" <jencinas(--nospam--at)coqui.net>
- Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 21:09:51 -0400
I am designing a sound barrier, which consists of precast concrete panels spanning horizontally between steel columns @ 12'-6". The columns are founded on 30" diam x 12'-0" deep cast-in-place caissons. Of course the vertical load is almost zero, but there is a moment and a horizontal force applied at top of the footing. The question is about the minimum reinforcement allowed for this type of foundation. Is the usual Rho = 0.01 also applicable in this case, or is it possible to use a lower value considering the size of the caissons? Thanks in advance.
- Prev by Subject: Something Amusing - Base Isolation System
- Next by Subject: Re: Sound barrier foundation
- Previous by thread: Re: DRAIN-2DX:Modelling of an RCC building
- Next by thread: Re: Sound barrier foundation