RE: Seismic Piping Question

>Basically, how do I determine the deformabilty of a piping system to know
>whether or not it's a high deformability, limited deformability, or low
>deformability piping system?
You may be in over your head here. Piping is considered under ASME/ANSI
B31.n, the n depending on the kind of system, refrigeration, refinery
what-have-you. It's nothing like the approach used for buildings. You
should look at the piping codes for guidance and rules covering external
loads; the combination requirements and thermal expansion are especially
important.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw