From: Caldwell, Stan [mailto:scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 2:57 PM
To: SEAINT Listserv
Subject: Millau Viaduct

Here are a couple of links describing an absolutely amazing structural engineering project.

At least, I am amazed by this bridge.  It is more than 1.5 miles long, with typical spans of 1,115 feet and pier heights up to 1,165 feet.

http://www.viaducdemillaueiffage.com/accueil.asp?ref_document=3463

http://bridgepros.com/projects/Millau_Viaduct/

Enjoy!

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.