Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 4:16 PM
Subject: RE: plan stamping website

BC provides non-resident licenses.  We do have a two-tiered license for
structural though.  The Struct. Eng. Designation is required by some
municipalities for building design.  APEG(BC) seem to be encouraging
municipalites to require this.

One of the possible ways to meet the requirements for getting a Struct.Eng.
is to be "licensed through examinations as a Structural Engineer (SE) in
California or Washington States" so it looks like we are probably US
Engineer friendly here in BC.

Sharlie Huffman, P.Eng.

Ministry of Transportation
Bridge Seismic Engineer