Re: Education of Structural Designers (Draftsman)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Feather" <pfeather(--nospam--at)SE-Solutions.net>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 11:42 AM
Subject: Re: Education of Structural Designers (Draftsman)

> I think part of the problem is classifying a structural draftsman as a
> structural designer.

This is a good point, however in certain sectors "structural designer" is
the accepted usage when you are talking about a "structural draftsman." This
is particularly true for example in the EPC (Engineering, Procurement and
Construction) sector where you have multi-discipline engineering design task
force.

You will typically also see "Civil/Structural" designation in that area as
well.