Re: The Whole "CAD TECH" Thing (WAS: "designers")

Title: Message
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 9:37 AM
Subject: RE: The Whole "CAD TECH" Thing (WAS: "designers")

John Riley:  One architectural firm that I provide services to hasn't figured out the paper space thing.  They slap their title block/border around a plan in model space and "scale" their details.  But the worst thing is they are not that concerned about accurately drawing to scale.  Once I actually looked over one's shoulder while he eye-balled on-screen where a wall should be, dimensioned it then changed the dimension text to fit his desire.
I don't know if it's an "architect thing" or not but I have experienced this seeming lack of concern with accurate placement of walls, etc. on the part of some architects.

I think it's a "left-brain/right-brain" thing.