Re: designers

I know we've strayed pretty far from the original post...so what's a little farther, right?

A quick Google found that only Quebec has had the cahunas to slap Microsoft over the use of Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer. I couldn't find a single US state (in two minutes) that had won, or even taken action that was reported, though my search may have missed them. (I thought there was at least one). The Quebec ruling came this April. The fine? $1000. Total. And MS Canada is going to appeal the ruling.

I've never been in a (non-AE) engineering office where anyone doing engineering work didn't have "Engineer" on their business card in some form, though very few were PEs. Outside of the construction industry, nobody cares because a PE generally isn't required to complete any consumer/government work.

Jordan