Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: designers

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Paul -

You're right. It's done all the time.

Most folks use "Structural Engineering".

There are actually very few structural engineers in California. My guess
would be 3-4k active registrants, world wide. That's compared to about
20k-30k (just guessing) civils.

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
San Juan Capistrano, CA

:-----Original Message-----
:From: Paul Crocker [mailto:pcrocker(--nospam--at)]
:Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 11:25 AM
:To: seaint(--nospam--at)
:Subject: RE: designers

:Out of curiosity, how does a PE in CA market their work or describe what
:they do if they happen to do "strutural" work?  Since the list of project
:types that require an SE specifically is rather limited, this must happen
:all the time.
:Paul Crocker, (non-CA) PE, (non-CA) SE

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers 
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To 
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you 
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted 
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web 
*   site at: 
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********