RE: designers

Paul,

Yeah, but the surveying part doesn't really "defend" them much in my
opinion.  Personally, I have no clue when or why I would need to know
surveying stuff that I might be tested for...I have yet to use any of my
knowledge from my surveying class in my structural(/civil) career and I
doubt I ever will.  The seismic part certainly helps.

And I will say that you don't know me very well...I am crazy enough to
take the Struct III exam in WA on a "whim" (I lie to myself by telling
myself that it is so that I can move to the Seattle/Tacoma area some day)
and am crazy enough that I plan on getting my PE license in CA (thus, take
the surveying and seismic exams) in the near future.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI