RE: designers

Paul -

"Wishing" won't get much accomplished.

It takes money and political involvement, both of which it seems engineers
here in CA are unwilling to contribute. "We" would rather undercut a
competitor's fees or provide expert testimony against a colleague.

Wonder why the word "architect" is protected and not "engineer"? Think AIA
had anything to do with that?

The last time I checked, the minimum dues for AIA membership is $750 per
year (compared to less than $200/year for membership in SEAOC). Are the
dinner meetings that much more elaborate and entertaining? No (DAMHIK). They
have a PAC and PACs cost money. Whenever one of my architectural colleagues
start whining about their dues, I remind them of this and they shut up
pretty quick.

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
San Juan Capistrano, CA