RE: Job place indemnification

Paul Feather wrote:

I am amazed when I see non-principal engineers sealing documents.
Sealing documents is not prestige, it is liability.  If you are sealing
documents you should verify that you are a named insured under your
company policy. Also, Professional

Paul:

In Texas, and in most other states, engineers are required by law to
personally seal their own work.  It makes no difference whether or not
the engineers are officers and/or principals in the firm.  This is the
way it should be, because the safety of the public is paramount.  As a
practical matter, the firm's professional liability insurance always
extends to cover its employees.  Of course, significant and continuing
errors may nevertheless tend to jeopardize one's career path, even if
their pocketbook is not at immediate risk! <grin>

Regards,

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
Dallas, Texas