RE: Seismic Piping Question

>Piping deformability depends both on material properties and method of
>joining.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the context of this question is not seismic
design in general but those specific requirements by NEHRP for building
mechanical systems which insure that relative motion between building
structure and piping doesn't rupture the piping. Have I missed something?

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw