RE: ASCE 7 Wind Speed Up factor

I haven't received a Seaint Digest since 5/18/04. Is there any way that I can get the ones for 5/19 and 5/20 sent to me - I had sent a question on 5/18 and I would like to see the responses as soon as possible.

Thanks Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken E. Paquette
Sent:
Tuesday, May 18, 2004 3:27 PM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: ASCE 7 Wind Speed Up factor

I am trying to determine the Topographic Factor (Kzt) for a project in California that is under the jurisdiction of the Unified Facilities Criteria .

Where is "z" measured from for ASCE 7-98  Figure 6-2. I take the "Height above local ground level, in feet" to be height of the structure from the bottom of the structure at its location on the hill or escarpment ( not considering the height of the hill.)

Ken Paquette P.E.

Melbourne Florida 32931