cement shortage

Title: Message

Cement Shortage

As price varies greatly from local area to local area, it is best to call your local concrete plant. I too have heard of local plants running part time. We have been getting mix requests of higher and higher slag to reduce cement. Volume of concrete on your project I am sure plays into that. The cement shortage is very real and is for the same reason many construction materials other then steel, copper wire for example, are in short supply. China has emerged as an economic powerhouse and when 1.3B people start getting richer they start building, and building, and building. Global economy, love it or leave it, is still under the laws of supply and demand. So don't expect those gas prices to get lower either anytime soon!

Andrew Kester, PE

Longwood, FL