Re: cement shortage

There is some information (two documents) on this on the PCA website (www.cement.org).  Shortages vary by region.

The really interesting question, which these two documents touch on, is why the industry was unprepared,  especially given that PCA has basically evolved into an association that does forecasting, trending and lobbying for the cement producers, and as an apparent afterthought, cranks out what are often very badly written technical documents.

I will admit the most recent edition of the Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures (the 14th edition) is a improvement over the previous one.  But that might be, as they say, damning it with faint praise.

Gail Kelley