-----Original Message-----
From: Melnick, Scott [mailto:melnick(--nospam--at)aisc.org]
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 9:56 AM
To:
seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org; ronhill(--nospam--at)hillce.com
Subject: RE: cement shortage

Just one clarification….

While structural steel prices have been climbed dramatically, there are no shortages of rolled beams and columns. The price increases in structural steel relate to the increased production costs (brought on by such factors as rising energy costs and Chinese demand for scrap).

Scott Melnick

AISC