Minimum Slab on Grade Steel

Thanks to all who responded.  I need to get a copy of ACI 360, clearly.  In this instance I don't want to sign off for a contractor's error where the calls regarding future cracks will be made to me.  I wanted to provide the project owner with an option on how to hold the contractor responsible without causing to much grief to the contractor.  I came up with a way of allowing the contractor to make an affordable correction, the project owner is releasing me from liability associated with the inferior slab reinforcing, and the project owner is happy with the outcome.

Special thanks to John Riley.

Keith De Lapp, P.E.
KDL ENGINEERING