Re: Rebar locator

Joe,

I use a Fisher M-scope M 100 rebar locator.  It's 10 years old and does not tell you sizes and depths.  It has a dial indicator and a can be set to emit a sound.  With practice playing with the dials, you can detect a #4 bar at 8" depth; larger bars at less depth.  They had several metal detectors in their product line at the time, and have more bells and whistles now.

I got it before folks had websites, but here's contact info that I have: Fisher Research Laboratory, 200 W. Willmott Rd., Los Banos, CA 93635, (209)826-3292.

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer
South San Gabriel, CA
njineer(--nospam--at)att.net