Suspension of Work Clause

I was reading an interesting article in "Residential Architecture"
magazine over the weekend.  It is entitled "Teaching your Clients Well".
One section of the article dealt with a suspension of work clause in an
Agreement with a client.  This one architect had a clause that said if
the work was suspended for 90 days or more, everything else would be
considered as additional services.

This got me thinking about my own Agreement forms.  I am a one person
engineering firm.  I have made up my own Agreement form based on items I
liked from other Agreements I have read over the years.  I try to keep it
simple, yet comprehensive enough to cover myself.  I don't though have a
suspension of work clause.  What kind of clauses do other small
engineering firms use for suspense of work to make sure you get paid?
How would it cover adjustment of fee after a long suspension period?

Are there any standard Agreement forms other small engineering firms use
other than personally written forms?  Has any small businesses found some
of the standard forms put out by the AE associations to be comprehensive
enough, yet not overwhelming for clients?

I appreciate any insight on this.

Rich

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!