From: Jeremy South [mailto:jslist(--nospam--at)jenkins-engineering.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 1:10 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Simple Beam Program?

We've used PCE Beam (http://www.lanxun.com/pce/beam.htm) over the last few years for doing simple, multispan beam analysis and beams having atypical loadings (ie, triangular, etc.).

Unfortuately, PCE Beam has its flaws. The program crashes frequently under some load combinations, and I've yet to find a work-around.

We've got our own in-house programs for doing simple-span analysis. I'm looking for a good program for doing multispans conditions and can accept triangular loading and applied moments along the span.

Any suggestions?

Jeremy South, EI, LSI
Jenkins Engineering