Re: Are wood shearwalls going out of fashion, or what ?

Kevin
I had a similar problem here with a 100 year old factory
being converted to apartments.  The owner was telling the
architect that the project was going to cost too much, &
to get a new engineer.  I said that I would review my
design to see what savings I could achieve.  There were
some savings, but I also told the architect that if I was
fired, I would write a letter to the municipality about
my concerns (100 years old with no seismic (Zone 2 here
in Niag Falls) capability.  It seemed to solve the Owner's
whining.
Gary