RE: Relative Stiffness of Wood Shearwalls

Keith/Dennis:

While I am certainly no expert on ICC ES AC 130 (which is the acceptance
criteria that I believe Hardy and other propiertary shearwall manufacturer
must use to gain their ICC ES evaluation report), I do believe that it
does require the manufacturer to test most (if not all) different
configurations of their prefabbed/propiertary shearwall.  This can include
different support conditions (i.e. on concrete foundation, on wood framed
first floor, on wood framed upper floor, etc) as well panel sizes/aspect
ratios.  And I believe that it means that the values that they have in
their report come from testing (although there might be an analysis
option...but from my experience with ICC ES on AC 04 [for SIPs] they are
not too terrible fond of the analysis options at times).

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI