Re: Hidden message

At 07:27 PM 5/27/2004 -0400, you wrote:
> to other (more valuable) assets.  Also, the use of webmail allows people
> to circumvent any keyword checks on outgoing email, which is sometimes
> used to detect industrial espionage.

Or offensive content that could get the company in trouble.

Scott
Adrian, MI

That would be, say, when an employee is running a pr0n service off of his company desktop machine over the main corporate internet link? I have personal knowledge of a case like this. The company found out about it because he complained to the IS department that he was running out of disk space and his machine was too slow to run his CAD application. When they checked the machine to find out how he had used 95% of the available disk space and was at 80% CPU utilization even when he wasn't logged in, they found the server. As you might guess, he didn't get the new hard drive ;-) This, btw, was not in the A/E/C industry, and was more than a half dozen years ago - before spam was even a real issue.

Jordan Truesdell, PE, Principal

Truesdell Engineering, Inc.
Structural Consulting and Design
434 Bluegrass Trail Studio #23