Re: Hidden message

That would be an extreme example.  The more "mundane" example is someone
writes/forwards an offensive email to others within the company (or
outside) that could be in violation of sexual harassment policy, etc.
Company could get in trouble for not doing something about it, so many
companies will monitor for such related messages (and other "dangerous"
topics).

Some argue that this violates privacy, etc, but keep in mind that it is
the COMPANY's computer, the COMPANY's network, the COMPANY's office, the
COMPANY's license for software, etc., so it should be used for hte
COMPANY's business which in every company I have worked for did not
include sending jokes, etc to your friends.  If you want privacy, then use
your personal computer and email at home...but even then you should
realize that in general email is NOT a "private" thing as it is extremely
unsecure (for those who don't know, email travels the Net in unencrypted,
easily readable forms...you have to work a little bit if you want some
privacy in email).

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI