Re: Foundation underpinning and slab on grade question

Suresh,

I think answer to your questions and many other isses can be in a book" Ground bearing concrete
slabs" by John Knapton, ThomasTelford Ltd, 2003. The book can be purchased from the ASCE Book
store.

Himat Solanki

>>> struct(--nospam--at)att.net 5/28/2004 1:47:15 PM >>>
Interested to know your thoughts are on:
- underpinning footings in alternating sections. Any issues to watch out?
- eleminating crushed rock/gravel under slab on grade to do less digging. What additional measures
are needed to eliminate the layer of rock?

Thanks.

Suresh Acharya, S.E.