RE: Retaining wall fees

The fees I mentioned were for complete "shop drawings", including full wall
elevations and plans, grid reinforcing location and length, quantities of
units, backfill, and reinforcing, various wall sections, etc.  On a straight
wall of uniform height you make a lot of money.  On a complicated wall with
multiple terraces, jogs, stepped heights, planter "bump-outs", penetrations,
etc., you barely break even.

If all you're doing is a few concrete wall section details, and the wall is
fairly uniform, then your fee is more than reasonable.  Adding a plan
indicating dimensions and top-of-concrete elevations would add more fee.
Adding elevation views and quantities would add much more.

---
Jason Kilgore
Leigh & O'Kane, LLC
Kansas City, Missouri