Re: Relative Stiffness of Wood Shearwalls

In a message dated 5/27/2004 11:24:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net writes:

> Hardy's (as well as ShearMax and others) are empirically
> tested

I am not really following the thread, but what do you mean by "empirically tested".

Empirically means based on experience rather than theory. I had to look it up for a project once, in order to include the dictionary definition in the project report.  Things can be empirically designed, but I am not sure how they can be empirically tested.

Gail Kelley