RE: Relative Stiffness of Wood Shearwalls

Both companies follow the Cyclic Testing standards that were created by
SEAOC for shearwalls and performed for their standard product line on shake
tables. Empirical in this manner refers to tested rather than calculated.
The values are designed to working stress levels and published in their ICC
and COLA reports for approval for use by governing municipalities.

The same methods of testing and reporting of values was done with epoxy
anchors as well as anchors used for shear, tension and combination anchorage
in URM buildings.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,
Dennis