RE: Relative Stiffness of Wood Shearwalls

Gail, I just looked up Empirical on Dictionary.com and it states:

Adj.

1.    Adj.

a.    Relying on or derived from observation or experiment: “empirical results that supported the hypothesis.”

b.    Verifiable or provable by means of observation or experiment: “empirical laws.”

2.    Guided by practical experience and not theory, especially in medicine.”

Dennis S. Wish, PE

California Professional Engineer

Structural Engineering Consultant

dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net