RE: Mathcad

Dennis:

You indicated that you use excel, mathcad, and Tedds. My design programs - wood, steel, conc, masonry, retaining wall, foundation - are in excel. I have been wanting to develop a program to combine the various spreadsheet and automate the design process as much as I can. While I do not want to reprogram what I alreaday have, I have been wanting to learn mathcad just because it looks so good in the printout. Can you spread some insight into which is better or if both (excel & mathcad) are recommended for the design professional and why. I have tons of database in excel and I rather not conisder mathcad if I cannot used the excel database.

Gautam